Sunday, March 4, 2018

Why I no longer want to meet my old college mates-Bhaveen Sheth-DOTSIM-INIDAN MGTOW

I just don't want to meet my old college mates from graduation and post graduation days. Reunions are always good, but when such meeting become all about comparisons and criticisms, it is better not to go and meet such people.


My college mates comprised of the North Indians, the guys who had a typical North Indian mentality, the hindi speaking guys who had not seen the world outside the confines of their own homes. Some were moderates and some were traditional. I just maintained my distance from them. My interactions with them were related to studies and classes. Even during those days,I was a deemed pariah for them, some kind of enigma whom they could never understand.I may have been labelled as weird but I hardly cared. I kept  up to  myself, lived as per my terms, watched movies, eat alone, drove my 2 wheeler around exploring places, had my own set of close friends. I guess even in those days it was my individuality, self dependence and self assertion that affected them. They just could not understand how I could remain aloof and yet have my own life. They did their best to criticize me, label me and speak ill things behind my back. I hardly cared.

Fast forward to 2018, I am still living my life on my own terms, still single having no intention of getting married and am travelling to different places.Initially I did meet a few of these mates but it seemed that they had not changed. Even after all these years they still carry their age old mentalities. They don't understand why I am still not married and why did I have a career shift during my master's. Another idiotic thing is that they flaunt their so called married life and family. They tend to portray how successful and happy they are and indirectly convey that I am a loser. After  2 -3 such instances, I have clearly decided not to meet these guys. I have no particular interest in them.

Happiness is what you seek and what you are content with, it does not have to do anything with your marital status, earnings and other materialistic possessions. But wisdom will never dawn upon these fools. Over the course of life, I have made good friends who have accepted me for what I am never judging me on my past or my choice of lifestyle. When did being single become a taboo? I value these friends. I have also made good friendships with fellow backpackers and travelers who share a similar mindset. These are the people whom I cherish and admire, not those filthy narrow minded buggers with a typical north Indian mentality where marriage and procreation is the only thing in life.

If I have to share words of wisdom with my fellow single Indian men, then I would say just avoid those stupid reunions of meetings with fellow school and college mates who keep on criticizing and belittling you. Your time is just not worth it. Go ahead , make new friends and live your life.

This is Bhaveen Sheth signing off  for the day and promise to be back with a  lot more.

BHAVEEN SHETH

No comments:

Post a Comment