Sunday, May 31, 2015

Being Self Centered does not mean being selfish

Bhaveen Sheth, the single Indian man clarifies on being self centered


As the single Indian male,I,  Bhaveen Sheth is often accused of being a selfish person.My critics have stated that I am self obsessed narcissist who just wants to live for himself. Some of my detractors have criticized me for being an irresponsible self indulgent person who wants to run away form the challenges of life rather than facing them head on.

WHY???? Well because I am now in my early 30's and unmarried, that's why???

So here I voice my opinion , not only for myself but for many single Indian men who are in their 30's and are not intending to get married.

There is a big difference in being selfish and being self centered.What I fail to understand is why does the Indian society put so much emphasis on getting married and associating this (un)holy institution with being a responsible person!!!!

Do married Indian men play the role of a responsible husband and father???? I seriously have my doubts?????

So why are we single Indian men labelled as selfish just because we do not want to share our lives with a woman???

Our ways of living, our lives, our habits do not break the laws of this country.Our solo lives are not that flamboyant to attract media attention.Single men who are 30 and above live a life of a mature and responsible citizens. They get up, go to work, pay their bills,eat food, pursue their hobbies and live like any other law abiding citizen.

Yes, I agree we don't share our lives with anyone other than catching up with some relatives and friends during weekends and some social events At the end of the day we are responsible for ourselves and that means we are self centered not selfish.

Being selfish is to think about oneself at the cost of others, even your near and dear ones. How can a single Indian man be selfish when there is no one in his life.On the contrary I have come across married selfish Indian men. Even after marriage, they don't men their ways, they think for themselves at the cost of their spouses and children.There are these selfish married Indian men who don't care for their wives and children. There are these married Indian men who will not think twice before blowing up their monthly salary on an expensive electronic gadget without having any concern for the household budget.There are these men who will expect their wives to fulfill their carnal desires without showing them affection and respect.I can go on writing on many such examples where one comes across selfish men who are married.

Compared to what I have written above Single Indian men are self centered.They are in a relationship with themselves.They try their best to improve quality of their lives. they strive to achieve a work life balance.They pursue their hobbies and interest head on, they seek the peace and solace of a single life of the humdrum of a married life.

Single Indian men are self centered and not selfish.They are living their lives. They are doing thing that majority of the married Indian men can just dream.

Entering this blogspot, I make a clear statement: THERE IS NOTHING WRONG IN IN BEING SELF CENTERED IN A SELFISH INDIAN SOCIETY.

No comments:

Post a Comment