Thursday, December 19, 2013

And you call me the Selfish Self Centered Single Indian Male

With a heavy heart the single Indian male would like to pour his strong statements aimed to all the members of the Indian society, expressing his grievance to the mistreatment meted out to the brotherhood of the single Indian Male.

Having crossed into my thirties, I am often reminded about my single status by many members if the Indian Society. When my answer to their question is NO!! I have chosen to remain single, i get barrage of criticisms which are described below:

"You are running away from responsibility." " You are breaking the society traditions " " You are a rebel." "You have high expectations from marriage." "You think too much." " You are money minded, selfish." "You just can't get along with anyone". There is plenty more but for now I would like restrict.

And so here is my statement to all you members who call me the Selfish Self Centered Single Indian Male:

While I am happily living my day to day life , you are brooding and cursing your miserable married life but you call me the Selfish Self Centered Single Indian Male.


And when I happen to travel far and distant places in India and abroad, you think hundred times before even taking a holiday in a year , always thinking about the financial budget.And you call me the Selfish Self Centered Single Indian Male

Where I can have polygamous relationships with different women, you stuck to one woman no matter how you hate her and you call me Selfish Self Centered Single Indian Male.

In my workplace I am respected by my superiors, colleagues and subordinates  for my knowledge and skills, where everyone calls me SIR with respect, while you have a family made up of a wife who disrespects you, treats you like a looser, your children think that you are a jerk. No matter what you do  for your family it is never enough and you call me the Selfish Self Centered Single Indian Male.

And I can live and walk with my head held high taking no nonsense from anyone, you are constantly living under some kind of fear, fear of your job, fear of your EMI's, home loans and of course a beautiful trophy wife whom you have to keep happy till eternity and then you choose to  call me the  Selfish Self Centered Single Indian Male.

While I soar the higher skies like an eagle, you stuck in a dirty muddy pond nowhere to go like  water buffalo. And you call me a the Selfish Self Centered Single Indian Male

With the freedom to move across the country changing jobs, organizations of  my choice, successfully planning my career and joining my dream organizations, you happen to be stuck a politically pathological organizations because you very well know that leaving this organization will create a hell in your life and you will never be able to pay your EMI's and loans.And you call me the Selfish Self Centered Single Indian Male

And my dear sir , do you know the joys of pursuing your hobbies, your creativity.Because I am able to read, write, listen to good music, taste good food, attend film festivals, theater and drama shows, books launches, public events, you,  my friend are stuck in your house either listening to the tantrums of your miserable wife, babysitting your children or just watching some boring program on television. And you call me the Selfish Self Centered Single Indian Male.
Years of staying alone has made me a good home manager, I am able buy groceries, manage my small home, clean my washroom, cook for myself  and a lot of other self sustaining activities, you can't manage without your wife or house help. And you call me the Selfish Self Centered Single Indian Male.

I have the courage, conviction and guts to live a single life all by myself while  you are even scared to be left alone for a moment, constantly seeking solace from someone and then you call me the Selfish Self Centered Single Indian Male.

In my free time I am able to clearly focus on my goals both personal and professional, I am able to undertake activities for continuous professional development in order to enhance my self and be a better professional while you are turn into an obsolete professional day by day as you are not able to focus on your development, but you still call me the Selfish Self Centered Single Indian Male.

I am the master of my destiny and you are s slave to the norms, rules and double standards of the Indian society and you call me the  Selfish Self Centered Single Indian Male.

And when I can run marathons, lift weights, swim, maintain good health and not to mention that I have a toned body, you can do neither and you have a pot belly that sometimes can put a pregnant woman to shame and you call me the Selfish Self Centered Single Indian Male.

And when my life will come to an end , I will happily accept the angel of death, have a flash back of my life and realize that I lived my life with  no regrets, you will perpetually be scared of death considering it to me a black demon and by chance, i mean just by chance if you ever have a flashback of your life , I believe it will be filled with  regrets.And still you and the other members of the Indian society will call me the  Selfish Self Centered Single Indian Male.

Tell you what, I don't care,  I give a damn because I am going to life my life with no regrets and your stupid criticisms don't affect me , so you can go to hell, go back to your so called happy Indian family where you are the unhappy and live your life.

ADIOS my Friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment