Monday, April 2, 2012

A Decision taken to Stay Single-Bhaveen Sheth


Over the years, I have become a wise man and have realized that the Institution of Marriage is certainly not my cup of tea. It better for me to remain single, life will be much better. 

Companionship is not needed; I can manage on my own.

I chose to remain a loner, in the past i was a loner and the same will be continued in future.

Life is one big enigma and marriage is the mother of that enigma.

Once the decision to stay single has been taken, I now go about making plans on how to live a single life.

Women in any form or shape no longer interest me.

Over the years gone by, I have developed a rigid heart.

Whenever I see a beautifully woman, the devil inside me wakes up and says “Don’t even look at her, one day she will break your heart and abandon you”.

I also concede the fact that i have neither the competence nor the ability to handle a family.

It better to be alone and stay single rather than be branded as a worthless husband and a lousy father.

I am single both by destiny and choice.

I am strong enough to handle problems on my own, to celebrate and grieve alone.

I choose to focus completely on my career and self development.

A small house, my dream home that is all that matters for me.

The happy Indian Family is just a myth sold in glossies and depicted in movies and television serials.

The reality is that many Indian Families are dysfunctional.

Pretending to be happy is something we Indians are very good at no matter how much inner turmoil we are undergoing.

My decision to stay single will absolve me of all unwanted social responsibilities.

No more social functions to attend, no more social events to participate in,no more religious festivals to celebrate, no more worrying about children, their education, future or careers and last but not the least no more looking for different ways to keep your partner happy.

Let them (the society, the people) say, let them criticize, ostracize me, I don’t care. It is better to accept that you are happily living a single life rather that unhappily dying in your married life.

The society and I will exist and will remain at peace with each other.

But I assure you that being single does not make me a man filled with hatred and disgust towards others.

I will be happy to see couples who are madly in love with each other hold their hands or see couples tying the knot of matrimony and walking down the aisle.

I will remain a traveler, an explorer and a seeker of wisdom.

I will set my life as an example to others that being single is not about despair and doom but about chasing a good life and pursuing your dreams.

Remaining single is about hope, happiness, living life on your own terms, traveling to exotic locations.

I had no family in the past, at the present i have none and in future i shall have none.

Hence i choose to remain single and cherish this wonderful single life that almighty god has given me.

This is Bhaveen Sheth signing of for the day, will be back with some more posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment